Saturday, March 5, 2011

Body Dysmorphia and Other Rumors

As a barely 20-something Sales Representative, I had the pleasure of working with a great number of 20-something and late 20-something Sales Representatives. One of the late 20-something Sale Representatives I worked with enjoyed dating 18 and 19 year old girls. I could sit here and preach about the maturity differences, about the possibility of taking advantage of younger women, and the disconnect that can occur but most people already know about these issues. This particular 20-something co-worker physically LOOKED more like a 40-something while in his late 20s, so the constant courting of younger women made him even less appealing.

"She is younger than ME, what are you doing dating her?" I asked my 20-something male co-worker as his most recent fling wandered off.

"Whatever, you're just jealous," he said with wink, "She's cool we will hang out. I am thinking about taking her on a birthday lunch date or something because I am going out with the other girl later that night."

"Well you're going to have make sure you can sign her out school, then again they might believe you are her father," I joked.

My 20-something male co-worker did not like this joke. He had no problem making fun of other people but whenever anyone alluded to him looking 15 years older than he was because of hair loss and premature wrinkles he got angry.

"Don't you ever make fun of my hair line again!" He said and stormed off.

A few minutes later another co-worker showed up and questioned his absence. I explained to her what had taken place with the barely legal girl, him messing around on the side, and a crack about his appearance.

"I think he has reverse body dysmorphia, you know?" She laughed, "He thinks he is like Ryan Reynolds or somebody but neither of us find him attractive and he tends to date skanks, or girls that are close to underage."

"Or both!"

No comments:

Post a Comment