Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Only Thing an Old Woman Can Do Is Find a Younger One

One day after all my work was done, I sat down with the head of the site. He was an older man from the south, new to the site but not to the field. Being polite I asked him about his home, and who he left behind-if he missed his wife or girlfriend, his kids or his pets. Most of the guys I work with are anything but coy, but I was still taken aback by his answer.

"Hell no I don't miss my wife!" he said laughing, "I married her because I knocked her up at 15 and her daddy made me marry her. I was actually dating her sister in college at the time, but her daddy showed up and said she was pregnant and I was the one that did it!"

"You stayed married all these years?" I asked.

"Yea but she knew I had other women. I always told her when I was coming home and gave her a few days notice. She stayed with me for the money and I didn't want her to take half of everything-but I finally gave her joint control of the bank accounts she took all my cash. So now we are getting a divorce."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said.

"Don't be! She's old now! I'll get my money back and besides-the only thing an old women can do is bring me a younger one."

Obviously this was not the story from a 20-something, but the women he dated were. He proceeded to show me pictures of the young beautiful women he dated on the side. I knew it was only because of his wealth, and he probably did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment